James Daniel, III (Pictured Above) Led Nation with 27.1 points per game last season.
ANN ARBOR- For good reason, many media outlets have picked the Howard Bison to be MEAC Conference champs. Coach Kevin Nickelberry returns all five senior starters and a host of new talent. Most notably the nation’s top scorer James Daniel III. Tonight will be a big measuring stick as they face Michigan in a regional round of the 2k Classic.
What To Watch For:
- Injuries- James Daniel III sprained his ankle during the preseason and may not be able to play. Also top freshman Kai Tease is out indefinetly with a knee injury.
- Most Improved Player- Can Senior center Marcel Boyd dominate the paint? Last year he nearly averaged a double-double with 10 PPG., and 9.9 Rebounds Per Game.
- Defense- Howard’s likes to play a matchup zone. Will this frustrate the Wolverines and create turnonvers?
- “Miller and Magnum”- Shooting Guard James Miller was off to a hot start last season, averaging 15.0 PPG before an injury sidelined him for the season. 6’6 Senior forward Solomon “Solo” Manghum will also be looking to bounce back after missing 17 games with an ankle inury. Look for these two players to have a major impact.
- Depth- If James Daniel and Kai Tease can’t play, backup Ausar Madison will get a chance to showcase his talents. Coach Nickelberry calls him one of the team’s best passers.
HOW TO WATCH:
- FREE online stream at mgoblue.com
- FOLLOW @BlackBallSports on Twitter for Updates
- Tip-Off, 9.pm